From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing Data Dashboard for LabVIEW

Hi, I am having exactly the same problem! I used the IPv4 address, and shut down the whole firewall. Every time I try to connect, it says "Invalid Server: Cannot connect to server...". I have WIFI and my laptop has a static IP address. I don't know why this is happending. 

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 59
(6,267 Views)

What are the IPs of your laptop and your tablet?  If you run the demos/tutorials that install with the device do you have the same problem?

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 59
(6,258 Views)

IP address of my laptop: 155.41.96.35

IP address of my iphone5: 155.41.103.102 (sorry I use iphone rather than tablet)

I am not sure what you mean by running demos/tutorials that install with the device. If I open my app on iphone, there are some Demo variables such as Device Sensors and Time Server. They don't need to connect to a server to get running. Can you say it more specifically?

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 59
(6,245 Views)

The iPhone version does not have the tutorial dashboards I was refering to.  You can ignore that question.  Your devices may be in different subnets depending on the subnet mask you are using. 

Also, are you attempting to connect to web services or shared variables? 

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 59
(6,231 Views)

I want to use shared variables. But I have tried both. Neither works.

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 59
(6,225 Views)

Please post the subnet mask for your iPhone, laptop, and wireless router.

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 59
(6,220 Views)

I guess it can only connect when the VI is running. I can do that now. Thank you very much for your help!

Hope NI can support more fantastic functions!

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 59
(6,209 Views)

I have used this in the field by setting up a local wifi and it works great with my android phones and iphones. I then bought an 8 inch Android Nextbook tablet with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean but it is not compatable with the app. Is there a list of compatable devices anywhere?

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 59
(6,156 Views)

What specific device model # do you have? I briefly looked up the 8" Nextbook with Android 4.1 and it seems like it should support Data Dashboard, but there were multiple similar Nextbooks that I found. Does it support the Google Play Store?

We don't have a comprehensive device list - we've tested on Kindle Fire, Nexus 7, Galaxy Tab, Transformer Prime, Acer Iconia A100, and other mid- to high-end Android tablets. There's a lot of devices in the sub-$150 range that we haven't tried the app on though (including the Nextbook).

The basic requirements for the current v1.0 version should just be Android 2.2 (Gingerbread) or higher, and a CPU with ARMv7 support. Some lower end Android tablets don't support ARMv7, but the 8" Nextbook I found has a Cortex A8 CPU, which should.

If the Play Store isn't allowing your device, you might also try downloading the app through the Amazon Appstore.

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 59
(6,136 Views)

The model number is NX008HD8G, Android version 4.1.1, Kernel version 3.08-g4b66125, Build number JRO03C.v009.The operating sepcifications are AMLOGIC Dual-core processor Cortex 1.5GHz with 1.5GB DDR3 RAM.

It does support the Google Play store but the Data Dashboard does not appear. When I go to the Google Play site on my PC it shows up but tells me it is not supported on this device. I was able to download and install it from the Amazon App store but when I run it I get thefollowing message: Unfortunately, Data Dashboard for LabVIEW has stopped."

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 59
(6,097 Views)