LabVIEW Web Development Documents

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Coordinates Information from Google Maps Web Services Using HTTP Client VIs

This example shows you how to use the GET.vi from the HTTP Client Palette to retrieve data from Google's map service web service.  This was done in a previous example using Yahoo's map service, but they shut that service done in Sept 2011.  Here is how you do it with Google's.

getlocation_webservice_lv2009.png

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
Comments
DR28
on

Hello,
I'm trying to get this example wotking but an error is returned.
The error code is 59, The network is down, unreachable, or has been reset.

If I copy the URL to the internet explorer, the XML info is well obtained.

Does anybody can tell me what can be wrong?

Regards

Justin_P
NI Employee (retired)
on

I just ran the VI and it returned the latitude/longitude without issue.  Any chance your firewall prevents LabVIEW from accessing your network?  Can you get the HTTP get to work with any URL?

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
DR28
on

Hi Justin,

You're right is was a firewall problem. Thanks for your fast answer and help.

Justin_P
NI Employee (retired)
on

Awesome, happy I could help

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
aminetti
on

Dear Justin, thank you for your interesting example vi. I contact you because, on my Mac with Labview 10, it does not work. The error message is:

Error 7 occurred at Call Library Function Node in LabVIEWHTTPClient.lvlib:GET.vi->getlocation_webservice_lv2009.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS X, and / on Linux. Verify that the path is correct using the command prompt or file explorer.

=========================

LabVIEW:  File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS, and / on UNIX.

=========================

NI-488:  Nonexistent GPIB interface.

Frankly, I do not understand why the same function, on a Mac, does not work and looks for an unexistent file.

Would you please have a suggestion for me?

Thanks you very much, in advance.

Alberto

JoeySpinella
NI Employee (retired)
on

I just moved this document into the new LabVIEW Web Development group to make it easier to find!

Joey S.
Senior Product Manager, Software
National Instruments
Viaje@1994
on

Hi all, I m creating a labview client that sends a video to server and receives the video after some processing. I m using HTTP Post multipart VI to send and receive the video. I want to save the received video in my local disk. 

Currently i m receiving the content from the server via HTTP POST multipart body. 

I really dont know how to convert this received encrypted body content into a suitable video format like .mp4 or .avi and save it on my local disk.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

Contributors