LabVIEW Time Sensitive Networking (TSN)

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

回复: [Video] How to Use the Cisco Centralized Network Controller (CNC) Tools

Video is hosted on youtube.com, it is possible your local laws block access to youtube servers. 

Please confirm that and let me know. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZdltAcfmzg

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 32
(255 Views)

回复: [Video] How to Use the Cisco Centralized Network Controller (CNC) Tools

Please see the original post again.

The original post was updated to include a standalone download link for the video.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 32
(250 Views)

Re: [Video] How to Use the Cisco Centralized Network Controller (CNC) Tools

Update: I have resolved my issues with the discovery portion of the CNC configuration. It appears that my switch port connected to the PC running the CNC was configured as Port Type "NNI" instead of "ENI" (which enables the LLDP features necessary for cRIO discovery). However, I'm still having issues with my calculated TSN schedule being pushed to my switch. It still shows as no devices connected, even though the switch appears "connected" under the CNC devices tab. Below is my CNC log file from a schedule computation, and then attempting to push the schedule to the switch.

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 32
(241 Views)

msmit250

According to Cisco, the logs look normal.

The distribution window should look something like this:image.png

After the schedule is distributed, the schedule version should match all around. You can also open console out window to your switch and see console out print out as the schedule is being distributed. (It may take around 30 seconds or more so be patient)

Also little bit of background which might help with debugging. The CNC technically does not push the schedule on to the switch, its actually the switch that pulls it from the CNC. The CNC just "notifies" the switch that  a schedule has changed (this happens when you hit "distribute schedule to switches). 

One thing to try is to restart the service responsible for handling communication between CNC and a switch.

In the switch CLI type:

no tsn cnc-server  // this stops the service

tsn cnc-server <IP> // where  <IP>  is the IP number of the VM eth port connected to the switch. If you are using a preconfigured VM that IP is set to 10.1.1.1. Please confirm using 'ping'

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 32
(229 Views)

Hello Ty,

This is a great video! Thank you!

Just something you might want to consider adding to the setting up guide of the CNC, I had the same issue as msmit250 at first and was stuck at ''Discovering Network''. However, after going into the switch settings and changing all my port settings to ''ENI'' instead of ''NNI'', I was able to successfully generate the network topology.

Just a quick question, after generating my topology, I noticed that I have 2 devices that are not named, which is my NI IC-3172 and 2nd PC. Any idea on how to identify them? This is an image of my topology:

Capture.PNG

Once again, thank you very much for the informative video!

Regards,

Devin Toh

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 32
(193 Views)

If you switch to the physical topology view (tab on the left) it should indicate port numbers on the Cisco switch so you can ID the devices.

However I think the IC should be showing up with the device name during discovery.  (It's been a while since I've used the Cisco tools).  The cRIO has a specific entry in Cisco SW so it has a graphic which the IC does not but I think the IC should still have the correct name. 

As background, discovery uses an LLDP protocol to discover the devices on the network.  If you installed the TSN EAR software on the devices it should advertise via LLDP.  You may want to check in MAX that you installed this software, you may also want to double check that you are connected to the correct port (port 0 does not support TSN but ports 1-4 can support).  Not a big deal now but may save you some time debugging down the road. 

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 32
(190 Views)

HI msmit250

I am facing the same problem with the CNC Discovery taking infinite time.

If you have solved the problem, could you also share the solution ?

I have a single cRIO 9040, CISCO IE4000 and the host PC(with the CNC on VM) in my network.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 32
(106 Views)

Hi Muhammed,

I believe msmit250's post on 04-11-2018 was regarding the solution to the problem you're seeing. Hope this helps!

Austin
Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
Message 28 of 32
(97 Views)

Hi yea_likethecity

I have solved the problem regarding the Physical Toplogy, but when I compute the schedule I receive the licensing error with the exit code 249 stating that the file "opt/tttech/TTEplan5/license/CiscoSystems_Plan_5_0_permanent.lic" is missing. I have already copied and untar the new license using the method you detailed.

Do you know what could be the reason ?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 32
(92 Views)

Hi

I am facing the problem with the "Compute Schedule" option of the CNC when I have more than one TSN flow.

For instance, in the picture below when I have only "flow1" the schedule is successfully computed by the CNC. However, when I have flow2 and flow3 or either one of them along with flow 1 the "Compute Schedule" runs in the loop without finishing. quest.PNG

Any Ideas why this could be happening ?

Regards

Muhammad

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 32
(37 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.