LabVIEW Time Sensitive Networking (TSN)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSN & IC-3172 - Sync Between multiple IC Ethernet ports

System Description:

IC-3172 (TSN enabled and has 4 ethernet ports)

cDAQ 9189 (TSN Enabled, connected to IC Ethernet port 1, subnet xxx.xxx.1.xxx)

cDAQ 9189 (TSN Enabled,connected to IC Ethenert port 2, subnet xxx.xxx.2.xxx)

cDAQ 9185 (TSN Enabled,connected to IC Ethernet port 3, subnet xxx.xxx.3.xxx)

The cDAQ 9185 is primarily for system wide monitoring and control, and each system has two test bays, bay A and bay B. Bays A and B run separate DAQ systems that are handled independently of one another, but occasionally, IO from the system monitoring and control chassis will be logged in a test in Bays A or B. 

My question is are the different Ethernet ports on the IC-3172 all using the same time base. Would I be able to synchronize ports 2 and 3 by using a timestamp start trigger?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,454 Views)

Hi Jasono89

I am assuming you have a separate daqmx task for each chain (aka bays) of cDAQs. In this case, you should be able to synchronize each chain by wiring the same timestamp into the start trigger property for the each daqmx task.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,418 Views)

Out of curiosity, what is the goal of separating each bay onto a different Ethernet network?  You could also have all of these on one network connected to one port on the IC.  The programming on the IC would not change but it would provide additional flexibility if you have other software that wants to access the devices or if you want to add non-NI devices onto the network.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,412 Views)