LabVIEW Time Sensitive Networking (TSN)

Highlighted

Error -209836 When trying to stop and restart tasks.

Hello.

We have a distributed DAQ application which needs to acquire for a long time period, and recover from network disconnections.  If daqmx tasks are running on a CRIO-9047 and the connected CDAQ-9189 is disconnect, and reconnects, no new samples are not available when the daqmx read is performed.  Therefore, I am attempting to stop and restart only the tasks associated with the reconnected expansion chassis.  I should mention there are a total of 6 tasks, 2 tasks per chassis which we want to remain running.

I get Error -209836 : The devices in your task cannot be synchronized. This may be because there are no available synchronization mechanisms between the devices.

So what is the best way to resolve this situation?  How to release the timing resources used?  Do I need to do more than simply stop task?  should it be cleared, reconfigured and then started?

Thanks,

Greg

Windows 10 LabVIEW 2018 SP1 / 2018
Test Systems Project Engineer - CLD
Digalog Systems Inc.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(105 Views)
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Error -209836 When trying to stop and restart tasks.

Any Ideas on this one.  Still need to try clearing the tasks and totally reconfiguring, but was hoping there was an easier way

- Greg

Digalog Systems Inc.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(77 Views)

Re: Error -209836 When trying to stop and restart tasks.

This issue is resolved.  I am leaving whatever tasks are still running to run, then ping the chassis until more are online, and then restart the tasks with whatever chassis's are connected.

Digalog Systems Inc.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(37 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.