LabVIEW Time Sensitive Networking (TSN)

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Re: Deterministic Communication - TSN API Example

Hello Burt_S,

I can't seem to find any other community examples in the TSN Community Examples directory except the TSN Simple Talk - Listen example after installing the TSN Community Tools Base Package and TSN Monitor Tools .vip packages. Were they removed recently?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(236 Views)

Hi DevinToh

The Simple Talk - Listen example will show you fundamentals of setting a stream between two devices. In addition, you can look at TSN driver shipping examples in the C:/Program Files/National Instruments/LabVIEW <version>/examples/tsndriver. They pretty much demonstrate the same thing.

If you continue to install other examples from the community they will be automatically added to the TSN Community Example directory.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(219 Views)

Hello Miro_T,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have looked at the directory you have specified but I did not find any examples for the TSN API. Searching in the NI Example Finder did not return with anything as well. I have the necessary TSN drivers installed and can access the NI-TSN API 2017 palette. Do you have any examples for the new palette that I can reference to? All the community examples that I have so far is still using the old TSN palette.

Thank you so much!

Regards,

Devin Toh

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(213 Views)

Hi,

Did you install the VIPM on this location?

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Time-Sensitive/Community-Tools-TSN-Monitor/gpm-p/3648042

I found you can't search in examples but you can browse for them using the Directory Structure:Example Finder.jpg

Here is what your location on disk should look like:

example folder.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(207 Views)

Hello Hokie,

Thank you very much for replying.

Yes, I do have the TSN Community Example that came with the TSN Monitor vipm file. I was actually referring if there are any examples that is provided by National Instruments that utilizes the new TSN 17.0 API Palette (Create Talker/Listener, Commit, Start, Write/Read, Stop, Destroy).

I have noticed that in the community example, community APIs are used instead of the Create Talker/Listener API in the TSN 17.0 palette to configure the TSN communication:

Capture1.PNG

Is it possible to use the Create Talker/Listener API with the stream property node to configure the network?

Capture2.png

If so, how do I configure the values in the stream property node? Do I still require the CNC software to generate these values with the new TSN 17.0 palette?

Thank you very much for your help!

Regards,

Devin Toh 

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(199 Views)

Hi Devin,

You can just configure the connection with a property node as you've done. The shipping example that comes with TSN 17.0 is a good example of configuration using property nodes, and comes preloaded with default values. You can find the example at the following file path:

<LabVIEW Directory>\examples\tsndriver

You should see a project which has two targets configured to be either talkers or listeners.

Austin
Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(172 Views)

Hello Austin,

I can't seem to find a shipping example in that directory. The only example that I have on TSN is the community example which I downloaded from this open group. Could you send me the project file of the shipping example? 

Thank you!

Regards,

Devin Toh

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(167 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.