LabVIEW Student Community

Highlighted

TCA9548A I2C Multiplexer

Hi

Does anyone have any experience of using one of the TCA9548A I2C Muktiplexers with an Arduino Uno?  I am a complete Newby and am struggling to get anywhere.

I would like to access the multiplexer via I2C (address 0x70) then read 8 pH meters connected to the multiplexer...all with the same address 0x4D unfortunately

Any help would be appreciated

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,499 Views)
3 REPLIES 3

Re: TCA9548A I2C Multiplexer

I'm in a similar situation I need TCA9548A to control 6 haptic motor drivers, have it working with an arduino sketch but I’m trying to figure out how to rebuild it in labveiw.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,896 Views)

Hello everyone,

I'm working in a project using arduino MEGA2560 controlled by LabVIEW and I would like to read values from seven SparkFun pressure sensors breakout MS5803. Since these pressure sensors have just two possible address, I am using the Adafruit I2C multiplexer TCA9548A to allow all the pressure sensors to stay in one I2C bus.

Have you figured out how to enable communication through the TCA9548A Multiplexer??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,230 Views)

I also just started a project with this Multiplexer and 2 APDS9660 sensors with fixed address of hex39. I got everything working with UNO connected to 1 sensor.

My problem is now the Multiplexer.

I am using SD0/SL0 and SD1/SL1 channels.

After Initializing the UNO and I2C, I know to send soft reset 00000000, then send 00000011.

But now how Do I talk to the sensors and switch between them?

Sensor side- I know I need to write x80,x3 (this turns on sensor) then write x8F, x1 (this changes the sensitivity). This is done once per power cycle. After that I can run in a loop and write x94 followed by read 8 bytes of info (color-brightness) 

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(974 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.