cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyConvert.llb

EasyConvert (edit time plugin)

Author: JW-JnJ

What it does

Takes right-clicked wires then finds and inserts a conversion for that wire. To do this, you have to intentionally create a broken wire, right click, the select Convert. The plugin will insert the relevant function and create any necessary constants (i.e. the typecast type).

Note: If the conversion is not found in the list, a typecast is used.

Before:

Before.png

Menu: (note: for each wire)

convert.png

After:

After.png

Attachement is saved in LabVIEW 2016. For install instructions, go here.

Comments requested:

1. The quickdrop version of this loaded a binary file list of conversions which I couldn't figure out how to do in a llb. I used a strict typedef with default values. I get the feeling this isn't the best coding practice. Let me know.
  2. This is my first foray into these. General comments on best plugin practices welcome.

Change list:

1. Updated the wire joint searching algorithm to something more robust. It will search backwards on wires as well as not grab nearby branches on accident.
Josh
Software is never really finished, it's just an acceptable level of broken
Comments
ivan.yakushchenko
on

Is it possible, please, to convert it also to LV 2015? Thanks a lot!

PrimaryKey
NI Employee (retired)
on

This is so awesome. And the code inside is just beautiful. Great job! 5 out of 5

Piotr Kruczkowski
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
tomsze
on

Does this and other plugins(like Alphabetize Event Structure) work in LV2017?

I tried but there was just a flash and nothing changed.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Proven Zealot
on

I installed the EasyConvert.llb in [LabVIEW Data]\PopupMenus\edit time panel and diagram on my system. I tried it with code like the first image above, with a U8 array wired to a string indicator. In both LabVIEW 2016 and 2017, it correctly inserted the Byte Array to String node. So the plugin appears to work fine in LabVIEW 2017 with what I tried.

tomsze
on

@ Darren

Thanks~

littlesphaeroid
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

The version I downloaded (running in LV2019) does not work. The conversions array type def does not have the source and sink mask data included, and the data is not loaded into this array from a binary as explained in the VI documentation. Thus all conversions some out as type casts.