From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Shortcut Menu Plug-Ins

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darren's Favorite Shortcut Menu Plug-Ins.zip

The attached zip file contains all of my favorite shortcut menu plug-ins available for download on this community group. Note that my favorites are slightly different than AristosQueue's favorites. If your programming style and preferences are similar to mine, you may find it easier to install these plug-ins from my zip file instead of downloading them all individually. Here are the plug-ins contained in the attached zip file:

Copy Delimited Data

Create In All Frames

Expand Cluster Constant

Find Events

Find Wire Source

Grow to n
Insert Node on Selected Wires

Multi-select Change Local Direction

Popout Breakpoint Menus

Set Current Event to Value Change

Show All Hidden Cluster Elements

Installation Instructions

1. Copy the contents of this zip file to your [LabVIEW Data]\PopupMenus\edit time panel and diagram folder. You may need to create this folder if this is the first time you're installing shortcut menu plug-ins.

2. Restart LabVIEW or run this VI to refresh your menus: LabVIEW 20xx\resource\plugins\PopupMenus\support\Refresh Menus.vi

Comments
huangjinghit
on

Hi Darren, sounds like "Create Scalar Constant" is not included in your zip file!

huangjinghit
on

Also, "Multi-select Change Local Direction" is missing in zip file.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Proven Zealot
on

Thanks, huangjinghit. I have updated the zip file to contain all 19 plugins currently listed as of 2015-12-17.

lost_stars
on

hi, Darren. I find the original code is written in LV 2015. Can you upload an earlier version? I use LV 2012 in my Mac Pro.

Also, I didn't even find LabVIEW 20xx\resource\plugins\PopupMenus path in my computer. After some serach, I find a new path which seems to store the menus VIs: /Applications/National Instruments/LabVIEW 2012/resource/dialog/PreferencesDialog/PreferencePages/MenuShortcuts_SubVIs. Is that right?

Darren
Proven Zealot
Proven Zealot
on

The shortcut menu plug-in feature is only available in LabVIEW 2015 and later.

Contributors