From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Shortcut Menu Plug-Ins

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Helpful Constants from Select Function

Author: Tom McQuillan

The select function could really benefit from back propagation, but until then here's a tool I scrapped together.

Select Useful Constants.gif

It seems to work, but it's had limited testing and was created in LabVIEW 2020.
Copy the attached to: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\LabVIEW Data\PopupMenus\edit time panel and diagram and restart LabVIEW

Here's a github repository if anyone wants to snoop around the code or create updates: https://github.com/TomsLabVIEWExtensions/Useful-Constants-for-Select-Function.

Cheers,
Tom
Comments
AFLAMENT
on

Hello I try it under LV2020, I didn't have PopupMenus\edit time panel and diagram folder. Did I miss a step ? I create this folder by myself and plave llb inside but it doesn't work. Did you have an idea ? 

Thanks

AFLAMENT
on

Hello I try it,

1) go to C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\resource\plugins\PopupMenus and run Select "Function DataType.llb"

2) complete form

AFLAMENT_0-1641939690126.png

3) this time folder is create

C:\Users\[your user name]\Documents\LabVIEW Data\PopupMenus\edit time panel and diagram

4) Replace generated "Select Function DataType.llb" by Tom McQuillan's .llb

Restart LV .. nothing.. any Idea ?

McQuillan
Active Participant Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Hi Aflament,

Download the attached LLB and place it in:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\LabVIEW Data\PopupMenus\edit time panel and diagram

For example, on my PC I would move the plugin here: C:\Users\Thomas.McQuillan\Documents\LabVIEW Data\PopupMenus\edit time panel and diagram\Select Function DataType.llb

If that directory doesn't exist you should create it. By placing it in that directory, the plugin will work with LabVIEW 2020 and 2021 (as well as future versions).

The plugin will only show if you right click a Select function which has its output wired.

I hope this helps.

wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI
on

>Restart LV .. nothing.. any Idea ?

Step 1 and 2 are redundant.

Step 1 and 2 are not in the installation instructions. Perhaps they've created a library in "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\resource\plugins\PopupMenus\edit time panel and diagram" as well? Check "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\resource\plugins\PopupMenus\edit time panel and diagram" and delete "Select Function DataType.llb" if it's there.

Try to open the VI(s) in "Select Function DataType.llb", check if anything is broken. (Save, restart, see if it helps).

Put "Select Function DataType.llb" in "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\resource\plugins\PopupMenus\edit time panel and diagram". See if that makes a difference.

Petru_Tarabuta
on

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the plugin. I added it to the List of Community Shortcut Menu Plug-ins (Part 1).

Raeff
on

Hi AFLAMENT

Restart LV .. nothing.. any Idea ?

I had to place it under my Default Data Directory which corresponds to "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\LabVIEW Data\"  as mentioned by Tom

My Default Data Directory is at a different path. Check yours: Tools -> Options -> Paths > select "Default Data Directory")

So try placing it here:
<your Default Data Directory>PopupMenus\edit time panel and diagram\

That worked for me.

Best,

Raeff

Working with LV2011, LV2018 and LV2020
AFLAMENT
on

Hi to all,

Raeff default file is ok but it's  doesn't work,

lv2.JPG

proven Zealot,

ok I restart LV, no change

.llb VIs are ok, no broken arrow

A question, .llb only work for English Labview menu?

wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI
on

>A question, .llb only work for English LabVIEW menu?

That could be a complication...

AFLAMENT
on

FOUND!

system work for a label.text = Select, in french this element label.text is "Sélectionner" when I replace Select by Sélectionner, it's work.

Thanks for your help 😀  

AFLAMENT_0-1644408257183.png

Darren
Proven Zealot
Proven Zealot
on

@Tom, you should update your plugin code to use the Style property to identify the Select function:

style.png

This property uses the non-localized name of the function, which will allow your code to work in any language LabVIEW.

McQuillan
Active Participant Active Participant
Active Participant
on
Contributors