LabVIEW Shortcut Menu Plug-Ins

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Cluster Constant as Icon.llb

Author: jtagg (NI)

This plugin adds a menu entry to create cluster constants directly in icon form. This is especially useful for large nested clusters that take a lot of space and deform your structures before you have a chance to convert them to icons.

Works on:

• cluster terminals
  • array of cluster terminals
  • nested clusters also get converted

What it does not work on:

• waveform terminals
  • wires

Before:

cluster constant before.png

After:

cluster constant after.png

Notes:

• the positioning isn't always neat, but it's still way better than a completely deformed structure. I did not want to make any assumptions about exactly where it should be placed and how it should handle complicated or dense locations. It simply creates the constant normally then applies the icon settings.

Attachement is saved in LabVIEW 2015. For install instructions, go here.

Comments
vishots.com
on

This should be a built-in feature to LabVIEW. And this is why I don't use auto-grow on structures.

FabiolaDelaCueva
Active Participant Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Agreed! I think custom right click menus is a way for us to get some of the features we always wanted.

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast
on

I haven't tried the plugin, but creating the expanded constant and replacing it by an icon WITHOUT repositioning it WILL result in hidden icons in small structures.

jtagg
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

I don't see any icons get hidden. When the structure is really small, it tends to appear over the VI it is created from. I tried with and without auto-grow active and the result was the same.

Aurelien_A
on

I try this feature but for my part, I used sometimes big cluster that can't be shown in a screen and my problem is when I create the constant in a case structure, the size of it increase.

Should be perfect to find a way to create a constant of a cluster without the need to create first the constant then change it to an icon.

Contributors