Does your idea apply to LabVIEW in general? Get the best feedback by posting it on the original LabVIEW Idea Exchange.
Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW Real-Time Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
If your idea has not been submitted click New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW Real-Time Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW Real-Time!
When using the "Open FPGA VI Reference" function you can configure it to reference the FPGA build/bitfile in three different ways:
- Build specification
In development mode I often use "Build spec", for deployment I switch to "Bitfile". When using this function it behaves different, depending in which mode it is configured! This makes for a bad "User eXperience"…
In "Build spec" mode:
- when double clicking the pink border of the function it opens the referenced FPGA VI
- you need to right-click the "Open FPGA VI reference" and select "Configure…" to open the configuration dialog
- when selecting the "Build Spec" radio button it opens a selection dialog (probably a listbox) but you can't double click the build spec you want to use, you need to select the build spec and then click on "OK" button
In "Bitfile" mode:
- when double clicking the pink border of the function it opens the configuration dialog, (you don't need to right-click the "Open FPGA VI reference" and select "Configure…" to open the configuration dialog)
- when selecting the "Bitfile" radio button it opens a file dialog and but you can double click the bitfile you want to use
(All this relates to LabVIEW2014SP1. Haven't tested this with LabVIEW2015 so far.)
I propose the idea to make this behaviour consistent, independent of the selected mode in the configuration dialog!
I wish this behaviour:
- double click on pink border of the functions opens the configuration dialog
- double click on the FPGA VI icon shown inside the "Open FPGA VI reference" function opens the FPGA VI
- double click on an item in the "Build spec" selection dialog selects the build spec
Best regards, GerdW
using LV2011SP1 + LV2017 (+LV2020 sometimes) on Win10+cRIO