From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Real-Time Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgillerm

Support for OPC UA NodeSet files

Creating an OPC UA address space by hand is very tedious.  It would be easier if you could import an OPC UA NodeSet XML file and map OPC UA variables to measurments.  

3 Comments
lclclc

I fully agree. We are actually using OPC-UA and we are generating http://opcfoundation.org/UA/2011/03/UANodeSet.xsd compliant files but it is quite tedious to parse them in labview in order to create the nodes

Deborah_B
Active Participant
Status changed to: New

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
daniel_rudaz

Hi,

As an extension of this feature, we try to connect on "EXTERNAL" opc ua server (like injection press, data acquisition systems, ..) that generate custom notifiers.

The weakness on OPC UA toolkit is that it is a closed environment.

I am able to connect the toolkit on the notifier and catch the event with actual tool, but all data of the event (plots, values, ...) are unreachable.

A very simple Python code is able to retrieve these data, but there are out of the labview environment, and as it has to create a thread on the notifier, I am unable to run such structure through the Python tools in LabView.

PS: I have never coded with CVI, but if it is more open, don't hesitate to tell me.