From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Real-Time Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Logan_H.

Real-Time Clock configuration in Measurement & Automation Explorer

A number of times, I have found the Real-Time Clock configuration screen in Measurement & Automation Explorer to be very limited. With only the options to set the Time-Zone/Daylight Savings Time/UTC, I feel like there could and should be more!

Adding a feedback to show what the current RTC is set to similar to the Windows Clock configuration would be GREAT! Additionally, add the functionality of the RT Set Date/Time VI to Measurement & Automation Explorer.

We frequently run into issues where the Daylight Saving Time value is different between the US and the rest of the world (frequently=twice a year).

I believe all of this can be resolved by adding 1 layer of abstraction to translate a base RT system clock to the user-specified specifications to be added to timestamp data, schedule tasks, and so-forth.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
1 Comment
JoshuaP
Active Participant

Have you taken a look at MAX 4.7 with a LabVIEW RT 2010 target.  You may find it more useful.

Screen shot 2011-01-09 at 9.18.40 AM.png