LabVIEW Real-Time Idea Exchange

About LabVIEW Real-Time Idea Exchange

Have a LabVIEW Real-Time Idea?

1. Does your idea apply to LabVIEW in general? Get the best feedback by posting it on the original LabVIEW Idea Exchange.
  2. Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW Real-Time Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  3. If your idea has not been submitted click New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW Real-Time Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
  4. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  5. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  6. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW Real-Time!
Top Authors
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mads

Format and install OS on target from LabVIEW project

It would be very convenient if we could format and install the OS/RTE on a target directly from the project window.

Currently, if I'm about to deploy a new application I typically format the target, install the OS software on it, then I deploy the application onto it...and finally I make an image of it that will serve as a way for others to deploy the application to production targets.

This involves use of NI MAX (format and install OS), LabVIEW (deply app) and RAD (make image). Doing all these operations (image-making as well would be great) from LabVIEW would make the workflow much nicer.

PS. In the project window today you have Utilities>>System Manager. The described operations should be available directly from the menu, but it would also feel natural to have these options from the system manager.

1 Comment
Deborah_B
Active Participant
Status changed to: In Development

Deborah Burke
Senior LabVIEW Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
National Instruments