LabVIEW Real-Time Idea Exchange

About LabVIEW Real-Time Idea Exchange

Have a LabVIEW Real-Time Idea?

1. Does your idea apply to LabVIEW in general? Get the best feedback by posting it on the original LabVIEW Idea Exchange.
  2. Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW Real-Time Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  3. If your idea has not been submitted click New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW Real-Time Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
  4. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  5. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  6. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW Real-Time!
Top Authors
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimMacD

Allow Chassis Temp and USER1 Button to be accessed in Real-Time OS without FPGA Programming

Currently, on the cRIO-903x series controllers, the Chassis Temperature and the USER1 push button are only available on the FPGA http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/75E039282A8B691886257E450049C7B6 and require the chassis to operate in a Hybrid Mode in order to use both the Scan interface and those chassis I/O options.

The cRIO-902x series allowed for both of these I/O options to be accessed in the real-time OS directly. This small feature would add convenience on the cRIO-903x series controllers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--CLD--
LV 6.1 to 2015 SP1
1 Comment
James@Work

Unless the Temp can be accessed in both places, I think it's better left on the FPGA for use with Safe Mode functionality.

Tech Advisor - Automation
LabVIEW 5.0 - 2020