LabVIEW Project Providers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execution trace toolkit on Providers

You need to close DETT first and then modify the ini file. When DETT 2013 beta exist, it will overwrite the file.

It is strange that the old key still works. It wouldn't work anymore because the code base is changed. Could you show me the content of your file and screen shot of DETT 2013 beta?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(993 Views)

Jifan wrote:

You need to close DETT first and then modify the ini file. When DETT 2013 beta exist, it will overwrite the file.

It is strange that the old key still works. It wouldn't work anymore because the code base is changed. Could you show me the content of your file and screen shot of DETT 2013 beta?

You're absolutely right; sorry for the confusion! I was nearly certain that earlier I had relaunched DETT in between each attempt of turning on this feature, but I must have had some process error.:oops:

... some time elapses ...

Fiddling around with it some more; I find that DETT.ini is written unconditionally each time the application exits -- this was probably the source of my error -- e.g., editing the key before closing DETT, closing it, relaunching; I realize now that my workflow was flawed. The introduction of the old key was a red herring, and must have happened concurrently with the "correct" ini modification sequence 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(993 Views)

Maybe it will be interesting for someone, but since 2013 this key was renamed to ShowPrivateContext, and moved to section "Preference".

kosist90_0-1601357188076.png

UPD: sorry, this was already written before here - https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Project-Providers/Execution-trace-toolkit-on-Providers/gpm-p/342599...

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(889 Views)