LabVIEW Project Providers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreateNewWizardInterface - Cannot get item to show in New Menu

Hi

I've been modifying the Actor Framework Project Provider from niACS over the past few months to support features that we need. In doing so, I've reworked the AddActor provider. However, i cannot get my version to show up when access the New menu from the the My Computer right-click context menu. I've renamed the provider, updated the ini file and signed it.

[Provider]

SupportedType={EFD740D6-F254-4BBC-5675-8858F35B820E}

ItemInterfaceVI=..\NTS AddActor\Item_Interface.vi

CreateNewWizardInterfaceVI=..\NTS AddActor\CreateNewWizard_Interface.vi

CreateNewWizardHost=Source

IsPrimary=0

LicenseName=None

InterfaceVersion=1.0

Signature={mysignaturehere}

I have verified that the paths to the Interface VI's are correct. I have changed the item name in the menu to reflect my name so that it is not 'Actor'. I have verified that once the VIs are installed via VIPM that there are no broken VIs.

Can some one give me a few pointers to help figure out why it won't show up? Or some methods for troubleshooting. I've been able to get all other Providers to work, such as Create Message, and so on.

Thanks for the help

Brian

Brian G. Shea
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,412 Views)

Figured it out, wrong SupportedType GUID, i had specified the GUID for a class and what i needed to do was specify the GUID for My Computer.

Brian G. Shea
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 2 of 3
(3,399 Views)

Hey Brian,

This was my thought exactly, but was out of the office and unable to respond.  Glad you were able to figure it out yourself fairly quickly.

David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,399 Views)