From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Project Providers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply Icon To VIs node crashes LabVIEW 2011 in Provider Context

I am experiencing an issue with Apply Icon To VIs node for a Class Library (use case).

Crash.png

Running this node in the Provider Context crashes LabVIEW on my PC (Win 7 x64).

I have uploaded code that is stripped back to illustrate the issue.

Instructions:

1. Download and unzip Test Code
  2. Merge Providers folder with <resource>\Framework\Providers
  3. Restart LabVIEW
  4. Open the project in Test Folder
  5. Right-click on Class and select LVOOP Assistant >> Rename LVOOP Labels

right click.png

Also, here is a screen capture: http://www.screencast.com/t/sTIeQRih of what I am seeing.

Does anyone else get the same issue (I can currently only test on 1 PC)

This node works fine e.g. calling from the Tools Meny (whatever that app context is?).

Thanks

-JG

[Code in LabVIEW 2011]

Certified LabVIEW Architect * LabVIEW Champion
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,311 Views)

Same results for me on my Win 7 x64 PC with LabVIEW 2011 32-bit.  I haven't confirmed that it does not crash when run in the regular context since running the Item_OnCommand VI without a valid Object ID just errors out.  Would have to do more testing to make sure it's a provider-specific crash or just this invoke node that is crashing. 

However using breakpoints and execution highlighting in the provider context shows that it's definitely hanging on that node.  I will do more experimentation and post back...

David

Message 2 of 6
(3,259 Views)

The code works in the regular context and also when called from the Tools >> menu (whatever that context is called?).

I haven't tried yet - but I am thinking a workaround maybe to just open a reference in the regular context by name (as the Class is in memory) and then run the Apply Icons node.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,259 Views)

Definitely looks like just a bug.  I have filed CAR 334739 about the issue.  Looking at workarounds now...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,259 Views)

Tried a couple of workarounds with David. This one seems to work:

renameLVOOP.png

-Sumedha

Sumedha Ganjoo | LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,259 Views)

Cheers for the code guys.

Unfortunatley I cannot get it to work as it just replaces the VI Icon with that of the Class Icon, overwriting the other VI Icon Layers.

I have managed to come up with a workaround, needs more testing, but seems to do what I need it too at the mo - attached is the code.

(I actually like this as if I refactor the code I can update a refresh a single VI icon, rather than the entire Class - for another project ).

Fix.png

Additionally this functionality is avialable from the Class\Library Preferences Dialog:

Apply.png

<resource>\Framework\Providers\VILibrary\LIBUIP_SetLibIconAndApplyToVIs.vi calls this node and runs from the Provider and it works (does it run in the Provider context?).

icons.png

Maybe poking around here would lead to another workaround/idea?- Although its all locked out for me

Cheers!

[Code in LabVIEW 2011]

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,259 Views)