Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
As our global footprint continues to spread across the world, we are looking for a Software Developer to join our team in CARUGATE (MI).
What you’ll learn & achieve:
Under direct supervision, you will support the analysis, development, modification, testing and maintenance of operating systems software. Support business leadership and senior development professionals in the analysis of software and hardware system needs, options, risks, costs, and impact on business process and goals. Evaluate supplied software products and applications. Independently analyzes and isolates the application issues and performs problem resolution.
You will analyze system requirements, preparing of specifications, designing, coding, testing, debugging and documenting. Implements complex requirements for multiple platforms, operating systems, and applications.
Resolve problems by devising or modifying procedures. Consider equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results when developing resolutions.
Support the identification of system requirements by interviewing users, interviewing and selecting vendors (if applicable), analyzing applications, evaluating existing and proposed systems, and recommending solutions.
Independently analyze and isolate application issues and performs problem resolution.
Monitor progress of software based projects by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions.
Improve systems performance by investigating problems, developing specifications, identifying trends in technology, and recommending solutions.
Assist with formulating and defining specifications for software programming applications and modifies existing applications.
What makes you a great fit:
- eager to provide quick support to our users, and communicates well with them in written and spoken English.
- not afraid to ask the existing team for information, advice and guidance
- able to explore and implement independently creative solutions to the prioritized problems, and is willing to have open discussion on improvements and alternatives.
- care about striving to provide as clean and intuitive interface as possible to the user
- recognize refactoring and iterative improvements as value provided to the enterprise in terms of resilience of tools and systems
- Experience developing in LabVIEW, CLAD, CLD, basic concepts in LabVIEW OOP
- Basic knowledge of code versioning systems: Git, SVN
- Knowledge of relational SQL databases
- Fluent English, written and spoken
Nice to have:
- Advanced LabVIEW experience, CLA
- Working knowledge of other programming languages, Python.
- Basic understanding of data science, machine learning