From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Received Error 5005 Unable to Find Arduino, and Can't See Arduino in NI-MAX LabVIEW 2012

LabView 2012 Window 7:  After installing my Arduino Uno I recieved error 5005: Unable to Find Arduino... when I tried to run any of the Examples VI's, like the Arduino Finite Analog Sampling example shown below.

LabVIEW interface for arduino error 5005.png

The Arduino IDE worked perfectly and I was able to run the Blink sketch etc.  After some checking I realized that NI-VISA was not installed on my machine.  I was not able to see the arduino (attached to COM7) in NI-MAX (measurement and automation explorer).  This may have had something to do with installing an Agilnet VISA to control my Agilent U2722 source meter.  Whatever the case, the problem was corrected by installing VISA:   http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/3823/lang/en.  Now all the examples work perfectly.

Message 1 of 2
(3,577 Views)

I don't really know anything about Agilent VISA but I wouldn't be suprised if their driver trumped the existing VISA driver since it was installed after NI VISA.  Reinstalling NI VISA probably over trumped the Agilent driver.

Glad to hear you were able to get it up and running though.

-Sam K

LIFA Developer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,907 Views)