LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run two stepper motors concurrently w/ Adafruit Motor Shield

For a Labview serial interface for controlling two stepper motors connnected to an Arduino board  I suggest you look at the Labview serial interface for Mbed.  Mbed is a programming environment for a LPC1768 microntroller. See

<http://mbed.org/cookbook/Interfacing-with-LabVIEW>

Skip over the first part of the page.where they discuss RPC.  This part is similar to LIFA . Futher dfown the page there is the heading "Serial Communication". This is the part I suggest you look at to get ideas for developing your own graphics serial interface to Arduino

Howard 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,805 Views)

Thanks, Howard. I pray you find the time to help me a bit more, your expert opinion is extremely appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,805 Views)

Any progress, Howard?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,805 Views)

Hi all! I'm also running a stepper motor but I can't understand your posts. In order to connect Arduino to Labview you should load "LabVIEW Interface for Arduino firmware" on Arduino, so, why are you speaking about codes? I just started working on Arduino but I think that if you control Arduino from LabVIEW you cannot load any software except the firmware on it.
Can please someone confirm it?

Thank you!

+Alain

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,805 Views)

Alain1405 wrote:

Hi all! I'm also running a stepper motor but I can't understand your posts. In order to connect Arduino to Labview you should load "LabVIEW Interface for Arduino firmware" on Arduino, so, why are you speaking about codes? I just started working on Arduino but I think that if you control Arduino from LabVIEW you cannot load any software except the firmware on it.
Can please someone confirm it?

Thank you!

+Alain

It would be accurate to say that you cannot load an independent program onto the Arduino while using LIFA but you can modify the firmware to add functionality to it.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,805 Views)

A zip file containing a set of files for using the Adafruit Motor Shield with two stepper motors has been uploaded to the Documents > Adafruit Motor Shield Stepper Driver folder.  The Adafruit Motor Shield is not compatible with the Arduino Stepper Motor.VI.

The title of the VI is AdafruitMotorShieldStepperDriver.VI.   This VI does not use LIFA firmware.  Instead it uses Labview's serial interface capability to communicate with a sketch running on an Arduino Uno.  This VI is not compatible with the Arduino Leonardo because a version of the AfMotor library is not available for the Arduino Leonardo.  Although the Adafruit Motor shield maybe used with up to 4 DC motors this VI does not support the motor shield's DC motor capability. 

Instructions for using the files is contained in the Adafruit Motor Shield Stepper Driver folder.

hrh1818.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,805 Views)