From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Blog

Community Browser
Labels
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 5002 (unable to establish connection) arduino uno R3

NES2112

Hello

I'm trying to control a stepper motor using arduino and labview. When I try to initialize the arduino on labview it gives the following error 5002:

Init.vi. Unable to establish connection with Arduino.  Please ensure that you have selected the correct COM port and that you have flashed the Arduino with the correct firmware.

I used the maker hub firmware for the arduino and even used a simple led example form maker hub also and it work well.

I wrote a program using arduino software alone and stepper motor works. When I used the program example on labview is when the error occurs. Also I try to lowered the Baud rate because in NI-Max it says 9600 (default 115200) and also the bit package to 8 (default 15).

I checked the COM in Ni-Max and is the same number in device manager.

I'm using labview 2012, on win 7/ 64bit. Ni visa 14.01

What might be producing this error any ideas? If you need any extra information I will reply as soon as I can.

Thanks in advance.

Comments