LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Merida

wavelets and signal processing toolkit for Mac OS X

I would like to encourage NI developers to produce an Advanced Signal Processing Toolkit (with the wavelets functionality like the one for WINDOWS) for MAC OSX.  I have been using Labview for some time now but i really dislike having to change OS platforms just when i use wavelets.  I am sure I am not alone here as there are many using Labview in the OSX environment.  

12 Comments
Merida

100% agree. I posted this same request a couple of times, the last being about a year ago. I hope that NI can do this!

dcrewther

Agree also.  In the area of neuroimaging analysis particularly with respect to Magnetoencephalography, the area of effective connectivity relies hugely on time-lagged correlations.  I have supported Labview on the MacOS since its inception (way back) and it is a pity to see dysfunctionality creep in.
DC

Merida

I wonder if Labview is listening to this? I too have enquired and requested this over the last decade.  I have had to (reluctantly) move to other software because i could not do wavelets with Labview on my mac!  I would return immediately if NI  produced an Advanced Signal Processing Toolkit (with the wavelets functionality like the one for WINDOWS) for MAC OSX. 

dcrewther

I agree. One would think that the usual reasons for not implementing a Mac OS version do not apply here (eg different graphics systems). Here is (or seems to be) just a matter of porting the code.

DC

Laila

Also agree. This would be very useful

wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

I'll kudo this.

Not that I ever used MacOS, but I think toolkits should just work on all versions of normal LabVIEW. Especially when there is no real reason it shouldn't. I'd say a compilation of the external code would make this possible, and that shouldn't be that hard.

GregSands
Active Participant

I'll add my kudo too, on the same principle.  At least it will give one more year before it is auto-declined 🙂

RavensFan
Knight of NI

dcrewther and Merida,

If you two agree with the idea, then you should be clicking the Kudo start to register your votes!

By the history, this had only 2 kudoes prior to November 13, 2018. It was only a handful of months away from being declined due to lack of support.

Merida

how and where do i click kudo? (excuse my ignorance 🙂

GregSands
Active Participant

Click the star beside the title of this idea - the number next to it should then increase by one.