LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_carl

"Why is this item in Dependencies" should only show items that are directly dependent on it

I have wasted days weeks of my life tracking down why dependencies are loaded in LabVIEW.

This is because the "Why is this item in Dependencies?" tool isn't particularly useful in larger projects.  And it isn't particularly useful because it highlights any file in your project (and not in the dependencies) that is dependent (no matter how indirectly) on the chosen file.

In this example, if I click on "Why is this item in Dependencies?" on library C, I get pointed to a VI in the project (A.a) which has a very indirect dependency on library C.

_carl_3-1677608632240.png

It would be far more useful to me if I instead only got shown the VIs that directly depended on my dependency (even if they were in dependencies themselves).  If I then wanted to follow this up the chain, I could just click on "Why is this item in Dependencies?" again, but on the found item.

_carl_4-1677608937189.png

1 Comment
JÞB
Knight of NI

Have you fully explored the VI Hierarchy view?  What would you like to see that does not show there?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay