LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TiTou

more exclusion settings for the VI Hierarchy

Have you ever opened the VI Hierarchy window for a VI that calls many OpenG VIs?

If yes, you certainly wanted an option to exclude all OpenG VIs, didn't you?

The VI Hierarchy window has ONLY 3 exclusion settings (VI.lib, Globals and Type Defs), now that everyone can easily add it's own re-use code to the LabVIEW palette, we also need to be able exclude these VIs from the VI Hierarchy in order to see only the actual custom VIs called.

So please give me option to exclude user.lib!

.. And if I can even have others for Addons, instruments.lib and custom folder that would be lovely too, but user.lib is really a must!

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

5 Comments
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI
Have you seen this discussion?

Now I have, thanks for the link.

My "idea" (or feature suggestion) and the one you pointed have a common part, but both would be great to have!

In fact, I would even classify the discussion you pointed as a bug report 😮 !

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

crelf
Trusted Enthusiast
I would like to be able to show/hide items based on a configurable dialog - so I can choose which locations to ignore (eg: particular internal reuse libraries).

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
Broken_Arrow
Active Participant
(Sort of off-topic) -- I have noticed on LV2009 that View Hierarchy now remembers that you want to see the full path to VI's. Earlier version (and/or my earlier settings) didn't remember that, so I had like 5 buttons to click on every time I went there.
Richard

Ben
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

I use the hierarchy screen all of the time. That issue with not remebering the setting was a bug that has been fixed(?).

In LV 2009 we now have the ability to Group Libraries (Way cool!!!) and we can shut them down on a library by library basis.

Grouped_LVLIB.PNG

Default.PNG

Grouped.PNG 

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel