LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcoBuettner

layer manager - layer property

I just want to have a layer manager additionally to set a frontpanel element to a specified layer. Using Ctrl+J or Ctrl+K (Ctrl+Shift+J, Ctrl+Shift+K) is only relative to other frontpanel elements.

So if i move a group of elements between other (locked) elements i couldn't define which layer i want to use.

I also would like to have a property for layer level (property node and item in the property dialog).

6 Comments
JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast
Having a layer property node settable run-time would open up some really unique UI possibilities.
CrystalTech

I like the layers concept (only in source code mode) as long as the layers are clearly shown which one is on top.  Programatically, I'm thinking this is basically done with Tabs, or enable/disable.   Maybe NI could perform a blanket disable or enable of whatever is on the specific layer.  That would severely limit the enable/disable and/or complicate it too much.  Again, I do like the idea for source code mode.

CrystalTech
To add... I would like to see NI take a good look at the front panel (as a whole) and decide to improve it as a major project.  Please, please, please!
Intaris
Proven Zealot

I'm with CrystalTech.

The entire FP graphics system needs to be seriously revamped.  I've been toying with the idea of implementing my own 3D-picture FPs so that I can have more control over the visualisations (alpha-blending, layers and so on).

There are so many things which need to be added / revamped / changed that I really don't know where to begin. 

Shane.

muks
Proven Zealot
A nice intresting ask. Kudos!!!
JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast
altenbach's idea Flat controls, indicators, and containers makes mention of a Layer Selection Tool.