From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QFang

graph/chart axis: "swap side" at run-time

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Currently, if for some reason you wish to move e.g. the x-axis of a graph to run along the top of the graph display, you have to do this at edit-time by right-clicking the (x-)axis and selecting "Swap Sides".  I have not found any property or invoke node to do this at run-time.  

Instead, I have to duplicate a scale (at edit time), move one using "Swap sides", then in the program I need to programamtically track and control which one is visible at any given time.  Since the graph area properly resizes/moves as the scale(s) move in and out of visibility, I see no reason for why the "swap sides" functionality can't be a boolean property accessible at run-time? (But then again, there are a lot of things I don't see, especially on the back-end of the LabVIEW environment...)

As a side note, it seems like you can't even swap sides at edit times for a chart.

This idea is related to this idea:

Allow axis swap for Waveform charts graphs and intensity charts

QFang
-------------
CLD LabVIEW 7.1 to 2016
3 Comments
garrettmarsh

What version of LabVIEW? Regarding your last comment, I was able to swap sides for the chart in edit-time in LV 2013, so I'm wondering what behavior you saw. I did notice that you cannot duplicate the x scale however.

QFang
Active Participant

I went to double check my last coment on the chart and swapping sides, I see now that I do have that option at edit time for charts as well.  I'm sorry, I must have missed it when I was writing the idea.. Good thing that was a side note and not really the meat of the idea. 🙂  And we still use LV 2013 SP1.

QFang
-------------
CLD LabVIEW 7.1 to 2016
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.