LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yamaeda

extra option on 'merge error'

I know that many extract wires 'upwards' and later on merge errors to collect errors and continue. From a layout perspective it's natural to add the top code to the top input of Merge Errors, but from a data flow perspective any error that happens there is often secondary to the 'base/lower' part of the code. This means you need to connect the top code to the bottom input of Merge Errors.

Wouldn't it be nifty if you could have an r-click option or input of "reverse order" or "merge from bottom"?

I assume that it behinds the scenes makes an array of errors and looks for the 1st one, so this would only add a 'reverse array' inside the function. To not have that ability forces you to do a Build array, Reverse array and Merge Error, which feels unnecessary.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
3 Comments
JimKhertzian

How would you design the merge error node to make it obvious it's reversed? When you read/debug the code we don't want to right-click the node to verify the reverse option was chosen...

wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

>How would you design the merge error node to make it obvious it's reversed?

Merge Errors.pngMerge Errors 2.png

Yamaeda
Proven Zealot

@Jim if it's a Boolean input I'd say that's pretty clear. 🙂 Wiebe's suggestions are also really good.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer