LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
malathi

comparing VI's

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined. 

it would be nice if we could copy teh changes from one vi to another while comparing two VI's
5 Comments
muks
Proven Zealot
Can you elaborate a little bit on what exactly you mean by comparing here? Is it a dialog asking/conveying the changes done?
malathi
while i am comparing two VI's , and i want to replicate some code that is present in one VI into the other, there should me a method to copy the code from one VI to another
muks
Proven Zealot

I personally feel this can never be made an "always" thing. I still dont get what exactly you are asking for. You can directly copy paste the part of the code to another vi directly. Even better would be to try and make it into a tiny little subvi and use it in the vi you want. 

I am still confused about the comparing thing. What should happen if there are lot of dissimilarities? convey those to the user. What if there are mis match in the number of vis? how can that be compared?

MathieuSteiner
Active Participant

Are you comparing two different versions of the same VI ? An trying to merge them ?

In this case, try the LabVIEW merge tool.

If not, forgot my about my post 🙂

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.