LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Desruelle_luc

being able to rotate some indicators, controls, graphics or anything else

Hello,

Being able to rotate some indicators, controls, graphics or anything else would be great in my opinion.

Indeed, for example, when you have to represent an electrical circuit in your HMI, you must have several images of the same component with an angle of rotation of 0°/90°/-90°/180°.

So allowing a LabVIEW user to rotate some elements with an angle which could be set, would be more convenient.

MALT.PNG

Four images for one element. If we have 2.000 différent elements we must store 8.000 images.

For Example mimic.PNG

banniere Luc Livre NXG Champion.png

Luc Desruelle | Mon profil | Mon blog LabVIEW | Auteur livre LabVIEW : Programmation et applications - G Web
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA) & Certified TestStand Developper (CTD) | LabVIEW Champion

MESULOG - LinkedIn site | NERYS - NERYS Group
| directeur CEO MESULOG
| CODIR - NERYS group

13 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)
Mads
Active Participant

It is not a duplicate of that idea. This one asks for rotation of front panel controls/indicators, not block diagram icons. Being able to do it on the front panel is much more useful.

Desruelle_luc
Trusted Enthusiast

Yes, it's not a duplicate of that idea. This one asks for rotation of front panel controls/indicators, not block diagram icons.

banniere Luc Livre NXG Champion.png

Luc Desruelle | Mon profil | Mon blog LabVIEW | Auteur livre LabVIEW : Programmation et applications - G Web
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA) & Certified TestStand Developper (CTD) | LabVIEW Champion

MESULOG - LinkedIn site | NERYS - NERYS Group
| directeur CEO MESULOG
| CODIR - NERYS group

G-Money
NI Employee (retired)

I am going to cross link both ideas because if R&D picks up this idea more than likely they will expand the functionality to Block Diagram terminals as well.

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Sorry for the mixup... your pictures all look like the block diagram. I thought those were terminals.Probably my fault for staring at LV 1.0 while at NI Week this week.

> I am going to cross link both ideas because if R&D picks up this idea more than likely they will expand the functionality to Block Diagram terminals as well.

Unlikely. Rotation on the panel is something we are considering to build better interfaces. Rotation on the diagram is probably an impediment to readability, as I said in post in the other thread.

CRojasG

Sorry, but, I don't have the rotate option in the indicator or control. I am using the Labview 2015 and I am trying to rotate one indicator like the one show in the picture

Thanks!

ControlToRotate.jpg

RavensFan
Knight of NI

Then you should kudo the idea to show your support for it and possibly get it developed for a future version of LabVIEW!

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

CRojasG: No such functionality exists in LabVIEW today.

Siriusly

I had a .NET developer create a control with rotated buttons and inert it as a .NET container in LabVIEW.Rotated Buttons

I Kudos the idea!  

wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

I could live with 90, 180, 270 rotation angles.