LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yamaeda

automatic panel position

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.

It'd be quite helpful if VI's could be set the Front panel position attribute.

For the 114th time, i just searched for something, scanned through the results and after a small fix compiled the program and deployed it. 2 Popup Panels dont work since they've moved and now show the input cluster ...

Either all Panels should be set to pos 0,0 at runtime, or be configurable as a run time pos.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
5 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

You mean like this?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Thoric
Trusted Enthusiast

@crossrulz: I also do that (I have a brat VI for it) when I need it, but I often think this would a be a great option for the VI Properties. We can set a multitude of other front panel properties from the VI Properties interface but not pane origin(s). This isn't such a bad idea, one which could perhaps be easily implemented.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Yamaeda
Proven Zealot

Yes, Xrules, that functionality should be integrated in the panels. When it happens it's a typical effect of e.g. looking through a "List all instances" of a type def or similar, in which case it moves a panel to show the type def. That's logical, but i'd assume it's extremely rare that's the position people want on the panel afterwards ...

It also seems like a cumbersome solution to add to all VI's on the off chance you search through this one ...

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
JÞB
Knight of NI

Sounds like a perfect case for a pre-build action.  Or, in other words, there is nothing to prevent you from doing this:

Capture.PNG

Watch uot for where the quotes are around the word "Default" in the cases.  "Default" is a string in the enumerated FP.Behavior type that we don't want the Default case behavior for.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.