From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jorge_Gamboa

Why Labview doesnt have ZOOM tools on the Blockdiagram side?

I have used Labview for about 10 years, the last 4 years complete full time as my actual job requires it, several times I have gotten a tired sight which made difficult to read Labview code, I really wonder if there are plans to add some zoom functionality.

In fact it would be nice to have a magnifying glass on the tools pallet, with a sort of resizeble frame that let you follow the code. There should be an rights explanation, because I feel this idea is kind of obvious, and also I am sure that tons of new users quit trying because this lack of functionanlity.

anyway let me know your comments,

4 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)
GriffinRU

What about Navigation Window?

I would be hard (not impossible) for LabVIEW to handle copy and paste code from diagrams with different dpi or zoom options. As you noticed opening VI's on different machines sometimes follows with wires moving around, not being aligned anymore no think what can happen if you add zoom to this equation...

Just a thought, but not a bad idea 🙂

-Artur

Laura F.
Active Participant
Danieljg
Wow How can a program like this not have a zoom function! Yes it is an old program, but it is not like it is being given away so NI should have the funds to update the program to run comfortably on a modern screen. It is in my opinion ridiculous to be charging the price that NI is charging when the user experience is so poor. I am a student and using labview for a class (and thank god have not had to pay for it) but I will be avoiding this program whenever I can in the future until it sees some improvement in this area.