From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
CFiset

When debugging a LabView apps, keep other LabView Project editable

Programming issue. Pushed to NI Forums for resolution.

Will be good when running an application in debug, keep other LabView project enable and editable, so I can continuous to work under other project waiting the debug stop at break point

5 Comments
TCPlomp
Trusted Enthusiast

What is actually happening?

You should be able to have 2 projects open. In one project you acces the 'remote application'.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
CFiset

This is a way to do. I like to run a non compiled VI in a project and in same time working under a other project

tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

Even if you run a VI in one project, you should still be able to edit the second project (assuming that your VIs aren't modal and blocking the entire LV process).

I believe you should even be able to edit VIs which are shared between the projects, because LV loads a copy into memory for each application instance, but that would have to be verified.

Are you saying that this is not working for you?

This shouldn't be an issue. If you are running into this issue, please post to ni.com/forums so we can find out what's going wrong for you.

G-Money
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined
Programming issue. Pushed to NI Forums for resolution.