LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vt92

Use standard Windows keyboard shortcuts to change font styles

Available in LabVIEW 2018 and later. The Ctrl-B, Ctrl-I, and Ctrl-U shortcuts now bold, italicize, and underline text, respectively. This behavior only occurs while a text field is being edited. Otherwise, these keyboard shortcuts maintain their normal behavior.

It would be nice if you could change a selected font style by using the standard windows (MS office) shortcuts, such as CTRL-B for bold and CTRL-U for underline.  This would save many mouse clicks.

I realize that many people don't use Windows, so maybe it could be customized in the .ini file or would be dependent on what OS your are running.

font styles.PNG

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
25 Comments
sergey_p

What about some kind of floating window, which is available in design mode only for the text being edited...

Like in WINWORD for example:

text format.png

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: In Beta

GregSands
Active Participant

In Beta NXG or In Beta 2018?

Darren
Proven Zealot

LabVIEW 2018 beta.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Completed

Available in LabVIEW 2018 and later. The Ctrl-B, Ctrl-I, and Ctrl-U shortcuts now bold, italicize, and underline text, respectively. This behavior only occurs while a text field is being edited. Otherwise, these keyboard shortcuts maintain their normal behavior.