From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michel_L

Tabbed cluster

Good day,

I often use the tab controls to get more front panel real estate for  applications where many parameters have to be accesible rapidly. I use the tab control to group my controls according to their fonctionnality. It would be desirable to have the controls from each tabs available as a single cluster in order to pass them to subVI. Of course, the controls from each tab can be grouped using a cluster on the front panel but this leeds to an extra border on each tab (the cluster border). Also, it remains that if one wants to pass all parameters to subVIs, he has to pass the many clusters to the subVI or bundle the clusters to one new cluster then pass this cluster to the subVI. I thought of using a tab control in a cluster but it seems that clusters have a problem dealing with tab control.

My idea would be to have a cluster type which looks and works like a tab control, but instead, each tab would be a sub-cluster of the Tabbed cluster.

This would simplify the development of complex parameter intensive user interfaces and remove lots of control terminals in the block diagram.

Thanks for giving some attention to this idea!

Michel Lanthier

2 Comments
Darren
Proven Zealot