From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manzolli

Swap Colors in Tools Palette

Sometimes, like in many other software that have a paint feature, we need color swapping between foreground and background. The idea is to add a spot in the Tools Palette to allow this operation in one click. Here is a suggestion:

swap colors.png

It's difficult to see the spot because I did not changed anything, just added the double ended arrow. One way to help the visibility is turn it white when the mouse hover over it.

André Manzolli

Mechanical Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer - CLD
LabVIEW Champion
Curitiba - PR - Brazil
4 Comments
falkpl
Trusted Enthusiast
There is something cery similar in the icon editor in 2009 and I find it very nice to have.
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
kam226

We really need something like this color swapping function.   I would use it often.

elset191
Active Participant

There is a related feature already in LV.  When you've got the paint brush tool and right click something to select a color, you get this window.

Untitled.png

Notice the red outlined box.  

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Manzolli
Active Participant

elset191: this is something else, to select what color you want to change: foreground, background or both. It works only with a few objects. I found two: Label and FP background.

André Manzolli

Mechanical Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer - CLD
LabVIEW Champion
Curitiba - PR - Brazil