From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gizmogal

Support "Detailed Help" link in Context Help for standalone applications

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.

LabVIEW documentation on adding your own files to be displayed by Context Help has this note: "Note If you link from VIs to HTML files or compiled help files and you use your VIs to build a standalone application, you must include the files as source files when you build the application".

However, I have confirmed with NI support (Reference #7471065) that this does not work  for standalone applications due to some limitation in the way the application builder works. It does work in the development environment. I discovered this when I had already built a bunch of HTML help files that worked beautifully on the development environment. Then when I followed all instructions and built the standalone application, on the target machine all the files where in the proper place but the Detailed Help link was missing from Context Help. I would really like this feature to work in all environments.

2 Comments
NickRH

Hi all,

This is something I too have tried to use and faced the same problems. It all looked and worked so well in the Dev enviroment ......

My main reason for implementing this feature was to have a `graphical` prompt for our operators in a PDF help file, this would supplement the context help for `new` employees. I think this would be an excellent feature to get working.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.