From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Intaris

Subpanel Events

I'm currently doing a bit of UI wizardry with subpanels and wanted to use the Subpanel.Mouse enter event and was kind of surprised to find that it did not show up at all in the controls on my Events Structure.  I have to use a UserEvent to get any kind of activity going.

I would like the usual mouse and keyboard events available for a subpanel please.

If this is in 2012, please ignore.

Shane.

4 Comments
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

Just to clarify (I don't have LV open) - do you mean that currently you can dynamically register for the event if you create a reference to the SP, but you can't statically register because the SP does not appear in the controls list?

Yes, that's exactly what I mean.

Intaris
Proven Zealot

At the moment the SubPanel is completely invisible to the Event structure and that's kinda..... weird.  It doesn't even show up as a Pane.

Charles_CLA
Active Participant

I suspect this is because the sub panel does not have a terminal on the block diagram. NI would have to confirm that though.

Charles Chickering
Architecture is art with rules.

...and the rules are more like guidelines