LabVIEW Idea Exchange

About LabVIEW Idea Exchange

Have a LabVIEW Idea?

1. Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  2. If your idea has not been submitted click Post New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
  3. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  4. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  5. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

String control/indicator/constant with code formatter

The proposal consists in being able to format the content of a string control, to allow to read more easily: INI, XML, HTML, ...

Code Formatter.PNG

Regards.

3 Comments
Active Participant

I wonder if a .NET control already exists out there that could handle this? A quick search turned up ScintillaNET which may do the job. A built in version to LabVIEW would be handy though. I'd throw JSON into the mix too.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Proven Zealot

This idea is a superset of this one:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/HTML-Control/idi-p/1633360

This idea asks for control of the formatting. The linked idea asks for HTML rendering. HTML rendering is not exactly the same, but if you can control the formatting, you could cause some strings (i.e. tags) to evaporate entirely and change the fonts of things between those tags (for example). To some degree, they are strongly related, albeit not exact duplicates.

Proven Zealot

I'm going to add my kudos to this idea, even though it seems fairly low priority -- I can see its utility to my personal code on some rare occasions. But as a workaround, you should be able to implement this idea as an XControl today. You don't have to wait for NI to implement this functionality.