From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manu.NET

Smart project viewer ...

Hello,

It would be nice to add a right panel to the project window. (Visual studio like, MAX like, Teststand like ...)

This panel could contain the "properties" of the selected item (Selected item of the project treeView)

I think this could be interesting for documenting VI's ...

This idea don't add a new fonctionnality to LabVIEW, but, i think, will help user to have direct access to item properties, without having to launch the "properties" context menu.

SmartProjectViewer.PNG

As my collegues says, it might generate an overhead when selecting an object in the treeView ...

So this feature should be added optionnaly to the LabVIEW project.

Manu.

Manu.net
4 Comments
manu.NET
Active Participant

The title of the idea is "Smart projecy viewer" , but it could be changed in "Smart LabVIEW project manager".

The properties of the selected item could be viewed ... but also modified !

Manu.net ++ 

Manu.net
fabiencmoi
hoplà
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast
Michael_Munroe
Active Participant

I found a similar need to edit multiple VIs from the project and wrote a utility that is now available on the LVTN:

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/212770

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.