LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JB

Skip this control when tabbing

The Skip this control when tabbing property is unchecked by default when adding a control to the front panel.

However, in the majority of my applications :

• Most of the VIs are invisible and the tab behavior is not used. Therefore, the setting is irrelevant.
  • For most of the controls of the UI VIs, the default setting must be changed (all controls outside the visible part of the front panel...) 

It would save me some time by checking this property by default. But I wouldn't be surprised if other developers had the opposite opinion ! So add this property to the LabVIEW options to allow us to set it according to our needs and preferences.

3 Comments
Neil.Pate
Active Participant

This one slipped under my radar! I was about to suggest it myself today (good thing I searched, amazingly the NI built in search actually returned relevant results for a change 🙂

I definitely would like to see either:

1) an option to allow all controls to be created with tabbing skipped

2) a nice quick easy way to set ALL controls on a VI (or project) so that tabbing is disabled (without having to roll my own solution like I know I can do today, gets troublesome with the possible recursion that can exist).

Vote this awesome idea up please folks!

Thoric
Trusted Enthusiast

What might be better is an overhaul of the "Set tabbing order" tool, which currently only allows us to choose the order in which controls are navigated. If this also allowed us to exclude and include controls then we could do our whole tab navigation setup in one easy go without having to individually/wholly consider the control properties.

Kudo's anyway, I think this has merit Smiley Happy

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

What might be better is an overhaul of the "Set tabbing order" tool, which currently only allows us to choose the order in which controls are navigated. If this also allowed us to exclude and include controls...

There's an idea for that here - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Skip-this-control-when-tabbing/idi-p/1763980