LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Broken_Arrow

Sizable Element Gap in Arrays

I think the Array Element Gap should be sizable. This would facilitate lining up FP arrays with other items on the FP, or simply as a mechanism to add more apparent delineation between elements.

The size should be set in the Properties box, not by dragging the element gap with the mouse - that would add too much "cursor noise".

A new Property Node for this feature would complete Idea.

GapSize.png

Richard

13 Comments
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

Another good idea

lost in the dust

bins in LabVIEW-city...

BAEng_Mark

I agree with the OP.

I recently had a job that required a 32 x 64 boolean control panel with indicators and controls above each column of 32 booleans. I had to use 64 clusters of 32 booleans each becuase I needed a wider horizontal gap between the booleans in order to have enough space for the indicators and controls at the top of each boolean column. I then had to convert this cluster into a 32 x 64 boolean array in order to do some manipulations. It would have been easier to just make a 32 x 64 boolean array and start from there.

It would be nice to have an option to increase the "add element gaps" by several more steps as well as to increase by several more steps just the vertical gaps and/or the horizontal gaps.

Just my two cents...

blitzschnell

If you're looking for constant vertical space between your check boxes there's an easy workaround: Create an array (preferably classic, so you can make it transparent), input a check box and activate the Boolean text of the check box. With the color pick tool, select the background color, and color the boolean label. By resizing the boolean label text you can adjust the vertical space.

Sean