LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andi_S

Show ancestor class name behind current class name

To make the class relation ship better visible I suggest to show the ancestor class name in brackets behind the name of the current class in the project view.

See the picture for better understanding:

Andi_S_0-1594038101153.png

3 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Given how narrow user tend to keep their project windows and how many people already complain about the project window not being narrow enough, I would not expect doing this will be useful to most people. There have been several ideas about appending information to the end of the project item names, and we generally hear, "Can you put that somewhere else? I can't see it in my narrow project."

It's a question of ROI. If the info is there, it will be useful to some people. Is that worth doing over all the other projects? It's getting harder and harder for me to make that judgement call as the number of projects build up. 🙂

Petru_Tarabuta

I support the idea (+1 kudos). I use the project explorer full-screen most of the time (often hidden behind a VI block diagram or front panel) so the idea would be useful to me.

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Someone pointed out to me that there's now a bigger objection: classes, as of LV 2020, no longer have a single parent. You want the whole list appended? Just the parent class but ignore the parent interfaces?