From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgcode

Show X-Control in User.lib Auto Generated Controls Palette

I am not sure whether this is a bug or not but when you add a folder containing a X-Control Library to User.lib the auto-generated Controls Palette does not show the X-Control! 

It only contains the Data control, State control and any other custom controls (e.g. in the example below StateDisplay is a typedef I created).  

original.png 

There is no way to drag and drop the X-Control in from the Palette - it has to be done from disk! 

My idea is that the User.lib auto-generated Controls Palette should show any .ctl, .ctt or .xctl file. 

Certified LabVIEW Architect * LabVIEW Champion
6 Comments
TCPlomp
Trusted Enthusiast

This is a very good idea!

(And a duplicate of http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Index-Xcontrols-inside-user-lib/idi-p/1043923)

You can add your xcontrol manually, and then you should be able to use it like any other control.

Ton

Message Edited by TCPlomp on 17-06-2010 06:10 AM
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
jgcode
Active Participant

Sorry, Ton. I didn't find your post before posting this idea. 

@Mods

Is it possible to merge these Ideas? 

Cheers

-JG 

தமிழ்நேரம்

It is good to have this implemented. I am editing the pallete and adding the menu item manually. If this feature is implemented it can save some time for the developers. If possible you can remove the other ctls files associated with the Xctl file. 

அன்புடன்
தமிழ் நேரம்
முதல் இந்திய ஆய்வுமெகபொப சிற்பி
சோதனைநிறுத்தம் சிற்பி
மற்ற சான்றிதழ்கள்
யாதும் ஊரே! யாவரும் கேளிர்!!

jgcode
Active Participant

@Anish

That is an interesting idea wrt to showing or not showing other controls.

Since the .mnu palette is auto-generated though, I think the trade off would be to show everything.

Otherwise you may have (support) controls that you want in the palette that don't show up!

Todd S.
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Duplicate

Todd S.
LabVIEW Community Manager
National Instruments
jgcode
Active Participant

Hi Todd

I have managed to have this filed as a CAR (#236395).

(As I believe it is an issue rather than an idea).

Cheers

-JG