LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackDunaway

Show Attributes Selections

I have noticed in some places in the LabVIEW IDE that the selected attribute is not properly highlighted. A perfect example is Cursor Attributes on a Waveform Graph:

ShowAttributeSelection.png

The currently selected Point Style and Cursor Style Attributes are highlighted with a blue box, but the Line Style and Line Width are not highlighted with the current values. This is important to know, because it is difficult to tell the difference in line widths, and could even be impossible if the cursor is off the screen.

I can only find these two places right now that the current selection is not highlighted, but once I find more I'll post in the comments.

7 Comments
JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast

Well, I figured out the probably reason why Line Style and Line Width do not show up as selected attributes: they are not part of the Cursor List Property typedef LVCursorListTypeDef.ctl! This is an even more egregious omission than simply not highlighting the current value: the current value is not even accessible - reading or writing - as a public property!

This discovery is a major bummer right now. 😞 Please see my other idea Add Line Width and Line Style to Cursor List Property.

A-T-R
JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast

A:T:R - my idea is exactly yours, sorry for the repost. Laura, you can merge this idea, Todd S, mark it as a duplicate, etc...

Well, A:T:R, for this idea to be complete, I think we need to have Add Line Width and Line Style to Cursor List Property completed first.

Todd S.
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Duplicate

Todd S.
LabVIEW Community Manager
National Instruments
ghighuphu
Active Participant

Awesome! So the idea was marked Duplicate, but the link under Duplicate links to the list of all duplicates, instead of the relevant idea. One relevant idea is in the second post of this thread.

Intaris
Proven Zealot

I would also like to have the option of showing the index value so that working with property nodes would be a bit easier.  Trying to set plot properties via VI Server is a real pain.

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

ghighuphu: This is an older thread. After the Idea Exchange had been open a while, we started adding the links to the Duplicate message.