cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Al1234

'Review and Update from Type Def' dialog box instantly appears

From the 2014 upgrade notes:

Reviewing and Updating Type Definition Instances
In LabVIEW 2013 and earlier, when you apply changes from a type definition to instances of that type
definition, LabVIEW may lose or incorrectly preserve the default values for the instances you want to
update.
In most cases, LabVIEW 2014 automatically preserves the default values of each instance you update
from a type definition. When an instance cannot be automatically updated, LabVIEW places the instance
in an unresolved

If the typedef instance is unresolved I think it would be better for the 'Review and Update from Type Def' dialog to instantly appear once the edited typedef is saved.

The typedef currently visible on the block diagram that I right clicked to edit the typedef isn't necessarily the typedef with a problem. It could be hiding anywhere on the block diagram!

I could click the broken arrow, but I would always want to sort out this problem before proceeding so this idea would make life easier...

This could be a click box in the options?

Any thoughts?

Al

2 Comments
PiDi
Active Participant

This dialog box should at least be available from Tools menu, not only from right-click on control. I've just came across one of user un-friendly situations: if you're working with x-control and you edit State control, it's impossible to find instance of this control which you can right click - all instances are hidden or locked.

The "review and update" feature is good, but the implementation in editor is generally flawed - it's not intuitive and helpful enough. I wonder how many people (especially LV newbies) have already looked at the error window with blank stare and no idea what the editor is trying to tell them...

nanocyte
Active Participant