LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sth

Retain project tree status of disclosure triangles

When reopening a project, the position of the window is retained from the last save of the project, the items in the project tree but not the status of the disclosure rectangles.  I usually like to have open the "chassis" and FPGA components as well as my top level software folders, and build definitions.  I keep sub-vi folder and hardware module folders closed.

It would be a time saver (and relatively simple) to preserve the status of those personal preferences so that reopening a project takes you to the same state you left it in.

Hopefully this is a moderate reward very low effort request.

LabVIEW ChampionLabVIEW Channel Wires

2 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

Seems like something that could be stored in the lvlps file associated with the project.  Not sure if I care enough about this, but I'll go ahead and give it a kudos.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

It might not be trivial, as the tree items can be 'organic' if you have auto population folders. Finding a concise way to store this information could be tricky and resource hungry if done right. Easy way out is to store just the fixed tree items.