LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Queue-tip

QMH Sample Project Using Channel Wires

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined. 

LabVIEW 2017 ships with an example project, Channel Message Handler.lvproj, which provides a starting point for a QMH using channel wires. However, it would be neat to have a more sophisticated sample project (something on par with the Continuous Measurement and Logging sample project) which uses channel wires as opposed to the traditional queue approach.

5 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Have you looked at

examples\Channels\Measure And Log\

? If you have not, please do so and evaluate. If you have, please let us know where that example falls short.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined. 

thols
Active Participant

examples\Channels\Measure And Log is truly great!. But it is not found when searching for "channels" in the example finder. I suggest you rename it so it includes "channels" or tag it somehow so the example finder search finds it.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

@thols: If you search for "channels" it shows up, but not if you search for "channel". I'll fix the tag.

thols
Active Participant

Thanks AQ. I also noticed that the description says nothing about channels. That would be good too, since the name or description now doesn't say anything about channels (but it is full of channels) and there is a risk of not even bothering opening it, even if is tagged to be listed when "channels" is searched for.

Certified LabVIEW Architect