LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Minions

Project warnings for VI's missing help

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.

Now with the capability to highlight code and push that to a sub-vi, there should at least be a rudimentary help created or at least a warning when the project is saved to alert the creator that there are vi's being saved with no documentation or even using the generic vi image. 

While creating a sub-vi from highlighted code makes for a cleaner visual effect, it is possible that the code pushed down now loses all documentation.  Plus it may even end up with the generic vi image which provides even less information as to the purpose and function of the newly created vi for future use.

Follow-ons could include things like a simple help creator.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
3 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

Would you expect the same warnings when just opening a new VI?  I would.  But that is what VI Analyzer is for...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

If this ends up in LV, please make it optional. It feels like the VI History behaviour. Some love it, I hate it.

I don't want to start a flame war about if this should be done or not. I just don't want to be forced to do this kind of documentation:

Log File.lvclass: Open.vi -> Opens a log file.

Log File.lvclass:Close.vi -> Closes the log file.

Log File.lvclass:Log Message.vi -> Logs a message to the log file.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.